14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- A basic understanding of Blockchain technology
- A basic understanding of Bitcoin and cryptography
- Technical persons in the banking and financial industry
Ripple (formerly known as OpenCoin) is an open-source, real-time gross settlement system (RTGS), currency exchange and remittance network. It is based on a shared, public database (ledger) that allows for distributed payments, exchanges and remittances. Ripple is used by companies such as UniCredit, UBS and Santander.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to use Ripple to securely conduct global financial transactions that are instant and free of chargebacks.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts behind cryptographically signed transactions, fiat currencies, and Ripple's internal currency (XRP).
- Integrate the Ripple protocol into existing systems and allow customers to access the service.
- Conduct cross-border payments with customers, corporations, and other banks.
- Use tokens to represent fiat currency, cryptocurrency, commodity, frequent flier miles, mobile minutes and more.
Format of the course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- Real world use cases: banks, global payments, and digital exchange
Overview of bank-to-bank transfers
Overview of Blockchain and cryptocurreny
Ripple architectural overview
Developer tools for building Ripple solutions
The Ripple Gateway
Listing XRP as an exchange
Issuing and operational addresses
Set up a rippled instance
Integrating the Ripple payment system with third-party projects
Creating and launching a Ripple client application
Joining and contributing to the Ripple community